If you've heard me talk about massage during this stage of the Covid-19 pandemic, you know that there is currently no safe way to have a massage. We can't social distance (although there are some funny videos of people trying) and give a good massage.
However, there are a lot of things we can do to make it safer, and we've read and are following those recommendations. Our standards are compiled from Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Association for Massage and Bodywork Professionals (ABMP) and the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB).
The main points:
- We are using EPA approved cleaners and disinfectants to clean our space, and we are cleaning and disinfecting the massage rooms between clients every time.
- We are changing our scrub tops between sessions.
- We continue to wash our hands and to clean and disinfect our laundry.
- We are wearing masks and requiring clients to do the same. We are also requiring hand washing/sanitizing upon entering and at numerous other places that make sense.
- We are screening everyone who enters our space prior to receiving a massage, and we are limiting entry to our space.
- We are requiring a doctor's note for anyone who is in a high risk population.
- Other than the actual massage, we will be socially distancing.
- We will no longer have water or tea available. We will not be using our waiting area until further notice. All clients will wait in their car until we come out to get them.
- Only clients will be able to enter the office at this time. If someone comes with you (unless you are a minor or someone who needs a caregiver with you), they will be asked to wait outside.
If you would like more information on how we are cleaning, what we are using or anything else that we are doing for safety, please ask. We'd love to tell you, and to help you understand why we're doing what we're doing.
Download COVID-19 Consent Form